From South Africa’s IOL News:
Johannesburg – The Al Jama-Ah political party on Friday called on Muslims to say a silent prayer for former president Nelson Mandela, his family and friends.
“The greatest gift one can give to a human being is freedom and that is what Mandela did for all South Africans,” party leader Ganief Hendricks said in a statement.
“The party has asked all Muslims to observe all protocols as Muslim leaders from every Arab and Muslim country visit South Africa over the next two weeks to pay their respects to the country and comfort South Africans.”
He said the Muslim world had the highest regard for Mandela.
“Religion is one of the most important forces in the world. Whether you are a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jew, or a Hindu, religion is a great force, and it can help one have command of one’s own morality, one’s own behavior, and one’s own attitude.” -Nelson Mandela
- IOL News: Mandela’s death saddens Hindus
- The Muslim Times: Nelson Mandela dies aged 95
- On Islam: U.S. Muslims mourn Mandela’s death
- News One: 20 things you may not know about Nelson Mandela
- Reconnect Africa: The legacy of Mandela
- Biography.com: Nelson Mandela